In these pages, site we’ll post the latest developments affecting any and all events and activities sponsored or sanctioned by the BRSC. These include those under the direct control or supervision by the BRSC, plus those under the auspices or control of individual member clubs. As such, all member clubs are invited to submit items to be posted on this site, including but not limited to:
- Recent changes to an event or trip’s status, schedule or other particulars
- Recently initiated activities or events with short deadlines
- Promotional material, flyers and other supporting information
- A club’s news or events of particular interest to other clubs and their members.
These “Hot News” items will be posted on these pages as brief statements with appropriate links to the originating club’s own website for the expanded version, and remain posted for a limited time, in keeping with the spirit of “hot news”.
URGENT * TRIP VACANCIES & SPECIAL EVENTS
BRSC 2019 Sponsored Trips:
Western Carnival (flyer): Sun Valley, Idaho. Coordinator: Susie Pumphrey, Pentagon
Eurofest (flyer): Val-di-Fassa, Italy. Coordinator: Steve Peirce, Pentagon
Winterfest (flyer): , Sunday River, Maine. Coordinator: Dave Karczmzrek, Baltimore
BRSC 2018 Sponsored Trips:
Western Carnival (flyer): Whistler, BC, Canada. Trip Coordinator: Nobel McClellan, Richmond
Eurofest (flyer): 3-Valleys, France. Trip Coordinator: Mike DiProspero, Columbia
Winterfest (flyer): , Stowe, Vermont. Trip Coordinator: Dave Karczmzrek, Baltimore
Go to our “Tips & Links” Page for our latest promotions from various organizations and vendors benefitting our club members. Our most recent is the Ship-Skis service that will ship skis, snowboards & luggage anywhere in advance at very reasonable discounts.
2018 Fall Meeting
The Meeting was held Saturday October 6th, 2018 at the Whitetail Resort, Mercersburg, PA
Host: Columbia Ski Club
Ted Dietz, Coordinator
- Selection of tour operators for our 2020 & 2021 ski trips
- Updates on the 2019 ski trips
- 2020- West Carnival Jan 25-Feb 1 – Snowmass: Doug Horstman, Encompass, TO; Valerie Chafee (Richmond) Coordinator
- 2020 – Asiafest Feb 21-29 – Nagano-Hakuba: Sean McErlean, Holidaze, TO; Ken Eng (SCWDC) Coordinator
- 2020 – Winterfest March 8-13 – Killington: Joe Ferrara, Bianchi, TO; Dave Karczmarek (Baltimore) Coordinator
- 2021 – Western Carnival – Telluride, TOs: Encompass; Sportours; Winter Ski & Sport
- 2021 – Eurofest – Saint Anton, TOs: Holidaze; Ski.com
2019 Club Officers Elections: Vice President, Treasurer and Secretary up for election.
Frank Peñaranda was selected to chair the Elections Committee. Please contact him with proposed nominees
2018 Spring Meeting
Maggiano’s Tysons Corner, VA
Saturday May 5th, 2018 at 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Host: Potomac Ski & Adventure Club
Frank Peñaranda, Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org )
- Fall 2018 Meeting: White Tail, PA. Columbia will host
- Steve Peirce was elected President for the 2018-1020 term
- Updates to our 2019 planned ski trips:
– Western Carnival: Feb 2-9. Seven Clubs have Signed-up thus far(Baltimore, Crabtowne, Columbia, Frederick, Fredericksburg, Pentagon, PVS)
– Eurofest: March 9-16. Five Clubs are on board (Columbia, NGA, Pentagon, PSAC and SCWDC.
– Winterfest: March 3-8 with a “Fam” trip scheduled for Dec 6-9 or Dec 13-16
- 2020 Ski Trip Selections:
Western Carnival: Snowmass, CO; Valerie Chafee (Richmond) Coord.; TO to be selected in Fall
Eurofest: To be named “Asiafest” for 2020 with Japan as the destination. Ken Eng (SCWDC) Coordinator
Winterfest: Killington, VT; Dave Karczmareck (Baltimore) Coordinator. Joe Ferrara, Banchi, the T.O.
- 2021 Ski Destinations Selections:
Western Carnival: Telluride, CO
Eurofest: Saint Anton, Austia
2017 Fall Meeting
Maggiano’s Tysons Corner, VA
Saturday September 30, 2017 at 8:00 AM – 3:00 PM
Host: Club Crabtowne
- 2019 Western Carnival: Place – Sun Valley, ID; TO – Sportours
- 2019 Eurofest: Place – Val di Fassa, Italy; TO – Sports America Tours
- 2019 Winterfest: Place – Sunday River, ME; TO – Banchi Outdoors Adv.
Approved Spring Mtg Minutes
Return to Blue Ridge Ski Council Home Page