2016 Spring Meeting
The BRSC 2016 Spring Meeting was held on Saturday, April 30th at Maggiano’s Tyson. Columbia Ski Club hosted. 16 clubs were represented with 46 delegates, plus various vendors and tour operators.
Principal Decisions made:
- Bill Schrodel was re-elected president through 2018
- The 2017 Eurofest trip to Grindewald was cancelled due to low projected participation
- Sugarloaf, Maine was selected as the 2017 location for the BRSC Winterfest
- Stowe, Vermont was selected as the Winterfest site for 2018
- Nobel McClellan was selected as Trip Coordinator for the 2018 Western Carnival at Whistler
- Mike DiProspero will serve as Trip Coordinator for the 2018 Eurofest at Trois Valleys, France
- Western Carnival TOs to bid: Sports Tours; GTU; Sports America; Winter Ski & Sports
- Eurofest TOs to bid: GTU; Holidaze; Alpine Adventures; Encompass
- Fall 2016 Meeting to be hosted by Richmond with Snowshoe, WV as candidate location
For more details, please view the Draft Minutes through this link
2015 Fall Meeting
The BRSC 2015 Fall Meeting was held on Sunday, October 18 at the Liberty Mountain Resort, PA. Saturday, October 17 was offered as a casual get together at the resort to have informal discussions on BRSC matters of interest and some socializing for delegates driving long distances and staying overnight at the Sleep Inn in nearby Emmitsburg, MD.
Some major decisions rteached:
– Selected Sports America/Mike Agnew as TO for the 2017 Western Carnival Breckenridge Trip
– Selected Group Trips Unlimited/Judy Miller as TO for the 2017 Eurofest Grindewald trip
The Spring 2016 Meeting will be hosted by Columbia Ski Club at Maggiano’s (Tysons) on April 30.
Return to Blue Ridge Ski Council Home Page