2014 Spring Meeting
The Pentagon Ski Club hosted the 2014 BRSC Spring Meeting at Maggiano’s Little Italy in Tyson’s Corner on Saturday, May 3rd., with about 46 delegates and several tour operators and ski-industry guests in attendance.
The meeting had a very full agenda, and many discussions and decisions took place. Most prominent among these were the following:
- Our biennial Presidential Elections were held, with the unopposed incumbent, Bill Schrodel, being re-elected for another 2-year term.
- 2016 BRSC Ski trips Coordinators were named: (a) Sonny Clarke (Richmond) for the Western Carnival – Snowbird, Utah trip; (b) Judy Burlbaugh (SCWDC) for the Kitzbuhel, Austria, Eurofest trip.
- The 2017 BRSC destinations were also decided: Breckenridge, Colorado for the Western Carnival; Morzine, France, for the Eurofest. The respective trip co-ordinators will be named at the 2014 fall meeting.
More details available via these Draft Meeting Minutes.
The Fall 2013 Meeting Minutes were approved as revised. View.
Future BRSC Meetings:
- Fall 2014 Meeting: October 11, Double Tree Hotel, Columbia, MD. Columbia Ski Club, host.
- Spring 2015 Meeting: May 2, Maggiano’s, Tysons Corner, VA. SCWD host.
2013 Fall Meeting:
The DC Fagowees Ski Club hosted the Fall 2013 Meeting on Saturday, October 19th at Houlihan’s Restaurant, located in the Springfield Hilton Hotel near the Springfield Mall: 5550 Loisdale Road, Springfield, VA 22150.
Major Decisions Reached:
2015 Trip Destinations and Tour Operators:
Western Carnival – Tour Operator: Winter Ski & Sport
- Destination: Mt. Bachelor, Oregon
- Trip Coordinator: Mike Jones, Baltimore
Eurofest - Tour Operator: Group Trips Unlimited (GTU)
- Destination: Mayrhofen, Austria
- Trip Coordinator: Frank Peñaranda, PSAC, SCWDC
2016 Trip Destination Candidates:
Western Carnival – Snowbird
Eurofest – Undecided
2014 Spring Meeting : May 2 at Maggiano’s, Tysons Corner. PSC Host.
Return to Blue Ridge Ski Council Home Page